Healing Your Tattoo
1. Remove bandage after 1-4 hours. (Depending on size) Never bandage your tattoo.
2. Wash your tattoo thoroughly w/ warm water w/ antibacterial soap making sure to remove
any dried blood from the surface of the tattoo.
3. Continue to pat w/ paper towel every 5-10 minutes as needed for as long as the tattoo expels
any blood or plasma.(Plasma is the clear, yellowish liquid portion of blood that remains after
the cells and cellular components have been removed which includes the red blood cells, white
blood cells and platelets.) Once the tattoo has stopped discharging all liquid give it another
quick wash being sure to remove any blood or plasma left on the tattoo.Any dried blood or
plasma left on the tattoo can result in scabbing and loss of color and/or excessive fading of your
4. Keep your new tattoo clean and dry by washing and patting dry 2-3 times daily. Unless your
washing your tattoo DON'T TOUCH IT! There's no need and it can lead to infection! Be sure to
wear loose clean clothing, nothing skin tight should be on your tattoo. (Your tattoo needs to breath)
5. After 2-3 days your tattoo will begin to flack and peel like a sun burn would. At this time you
will start applying lotion to your tattoo (i.e. Lubriderm, coco butter, tattoo goo...) It puts the
lotion on its skin 3-4 times daily for the next 2-3 weeks remembering to wash in-between applications.
6.During the healing process DO NOT submerge your new Tattoo in water like pools, baths,
ponds. showering is perfectly fine and everyone will appreciate it. Stay out of saunas, tanning beds
and direct sun light.It is important that you follow your aftercare instructions to the letter! It will
be the determining factor of how well your tattoo will look when it is fully healed. We go to great
lengths to do the best job we can to give you the best tattoo possible. That being said tattoos are
done on a 50/50 basis I have done my part the rest is up to you. Enjoy your new tattoo and we
hope to see you again soon. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about your new tattoo
please feel free to call the shop @ 708-658-6959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the shop her in Chicago Ridge for all your tattoo after care needs.